PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 General Discussions & Announcements
 Are they not supporting PC Stitch anymore?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Houston Posted - 04/29/2022 : 15:04:23
This may be suited more for an email to the developers but I have been curious for a while if the developers have stopped supporting the program?
The last update was in September of 2018! 11 came out in 2016. I figured maybe they weren't updating it because they might be working on a new version but it's been going on 4 years now since anything so I have given up hope and started using other programs to be safe. It hurts my heart though because I love PC Stitch.

Has anyone heard anything about a new version or anything?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 04/29/2022 : 20:11:41
The only one to answer that question is Mark. You probably should ask him. He won't bite your head off - honestly!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Aaron Houston Posted - 04/29/2022 : 16:30:31
The only reason to have a new version wouldn't only be to support Windows 11. There are plenty of new features to add to PC Stitch. Winstitch updates to a new version each year and has lots of new features. Features I wish it had because honestly, I like PC Stitch the best out of all the programs, but it is lacking in some things while better in others.
It's not even that they need a new version. I was just curious if maybe that's why they weren't updating it, because they would just include those things in a new version. There are loads of things to add through updates. But that's my point. It hasn't even been updated in 4 years almost. While yes I agree, it's a sign of good programming that it works so well (and the fastest of any xs software, part of the reason I love it) That's also a sign that they aren't supporting it anymore.
Been curious about it for a while. Like I said, could be something I just ask the developers
Dragonlair Posted - 04/29/2022 : 15:15:00
I don't know about a new version coming out -- I've not heard anything but the current version is working. It even works under Win 11. If there is a new version to come out, the main reason to do it is to support Win 11 officially.

Even the older versions continue to work. That's a sign of good programming!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000