PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 General Discussions & Announcements
 Changing Colors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vlarson063 Posted - 03/25/2022 : 13:58:54
I cannot figure out how to change a floss color on an item I have already drawn. I have backstitching and want to change the floss I originally chose. Do I have to delete the lines and redraw them with the new color? I have tried everything I can think of that would normally work with a drawing program but have had no success! HELP!

VSL
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 11/13/2022 : 20:23:09
As I said - There is a difference between changing a color across the entire pattern or just within a given area. The difference is how you MARK the area where the given color is to be changed.

The easiest way to do it is to make sure the color you WANT is already within the palette of defined colors. Just set the color, if needed.

If you want to change the colors just in a portion of the pattern, use the "Selection tool" (just above the full stitch) and then draw a rectangle surrounding the area where you wish to change a color. If you want to change the color everywhere, just skip that step.

To change the color -- it's simple. Click on the DESIRED color in the palette area and then DRAG it over the "wrong" color. You may get an option of selected area or the entire pattern. Just select the correct option and then change the color.

Note -- there is a "cancel" option if you mark the wrong colors. Undo also works if you do it by accident.

Please read the helps as I mentioned earlier. It does help.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
myssockscute Posted - 11/13/2022 : 18:23:25
Hi I am new to this. I tried to change colors but I still dont get what you mentioned. I am lost.
vlarson063 Posted - 06/24/2022 : 13:21:45
I FINALLY got around to following these instructions and, once you get it, you get it! LOL Thanks a lot for your help. I'm having fun with the program!
Vana

VSL
Dragonlair Posted - 03/25/2022 : 15:22:31
VSL,

If you wish to change a color, it's easy to do. If it's just for part of a pattern, simply select the selection tool and mark a box around the area to be changed. Otherwise, the instructions are the same.

If the color is not in the palette, add it. Then drag the color OVER the color in the palette that is currently used. A small "+" is seen as you drag. Then a little list pops up for replace or cancel. If it is a portion of the pattern, you also get a choice to replace the entire pattern or only the selected area.

Once you do that - ALL instances of the old color (second color in sequence above) become the new color (first color selected) - including an specialty stitches, backstitches or such.

Remember - PCStitch is NOT a "drawing program", it is a "pattern creation program".

A tip - check the helps, it is explained there under "replace" (first item in search list).

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000