PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 General Discussions & Announcements
 Key Binding Issue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LeeBeemz Posted - 01/24/2022 : 13:49:44
I have been using PCStitch 11 now for 2 years with no issues or complaints, until now. I see the last update for version 11 was back in 2018 which indicates that there is no one working on bugs/issues or updates. But just in case someone has found a solution I will share my issue. I should mention that I did search for a solution and found this same issue mentioned in this forum back in 2016. So, it has been an issue for many years. I’m really hoping for a solution.

I bought a drawing tablet to use with PCStitch but having issues with key bindings. I can't create my own key bindings in version 11 so I selected 'Use Old Toolbar/Menu Interface'. But any changes I make to the menu and key bindings using the old interface are not saved when I exit the program (not the 'short-cut clicks' – actual key bindings).

To find the key binding area I am talking about –> right click in the top blue area after switching to the old toolbar/menu interface –> customize –> keyboard. This is where you can change or assign key bindings. But any key bindings I change or assign and any menu bar selections I change are all reverted back when I exit. Is there a solution to help save my settings?

I did download version 10 to test. Any changes I made to the menu and key bindings were saved with no issues. But, I can't switch to version 10 because I bought 11 and don't have a key for 10. Plus any patterns I have been working on in 11 will not open in 10. I'm really feeling like this is a lost cause and I wasted money on a tablet. Please someone give me good news.

I have Windows 10 Pro and PCStitch 11.00.015.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LeeBeemz Posted - 01/26/2022 : 20:10:43
Thanks for advising me to contact Mark. He responded fairly quickly with a fix to my solution. I am a happy PCStitcher once again!!!

If anyone has this same issue, email Mark explaining what issue you have. He will mostly likely help with a fix.
Dragonlair Posted - 01/24/2022 : 20:16:41
That was a typo on my part. I meant to say PCStitch 10. Sorry.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
LeeBeemz Posted - 01/24/2022 : 18:05:58
I will send info to Mark. But I'm not sure what you mean by 'seemed to work with PCStitch 11'? I posted because it doesn't work with PCStitch 11.

You can not create or change key bindings in 11. Switching to old toolbar/menu interface allows you to create or change key bindings as well as adjust the menu but none of the settings save when you exit the program. It does not work with 11.
Dragonlair Posted - 01/24/2022 : 15:16:28
I suggest you send all pertinent information (including the fact that this seemed to work with PCStitch 11) to Mark at mmiller@pcstitch.com.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000