PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pro
 Blurry Pattern

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sgoga Posted - 12/14/2021 : 13:28:48
When I upload a picture to make a pattern, the picture looks fine. In the preview window I can only see a portion of the picture and it is so very blurry, you can't make it out. When I finish the pattern and open it in PC Stitch Pro, it still looks quite blurry. When I print it, it prints out okay. How do I fix the preview window and the pattern view to make it so it isn't blurry?

Also, how do I add backstitching to a pattern like the above? I don't see a place to include backstitching when choosing floss.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 12/14/2021 : 16:21:32
Most of the blurriness is the computer trying to figure out what colors to use. It will ALWAYS be more blurry than the original because the computer sees color differently than you do.

The best imports will have TINY images. What you want is an image the same size (as best as possible) in pixels as your final design is to be. That way you get a mapping of one pixel to one stitch so the color mapping is the simplest possible.

It will still be blurry - you are expected to "tweak" it to make it the pattern you want.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000