PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 How to convert pat files to jpeg

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LavonB Posted - 07/14/2021 : 10:57:49
I'd like to make my patterns available online but need to make the pat files into jpeg any suggestions on how to do this? I've looked at different converter programs but haven't found one that works
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FunFractals Posted - 05/16/2022 : 01:44:56
If your customers use Windows you can instruct them to get "Power Toys" for Windows. Once it is installed it will let you see .PDFs in thumbnail mode without having to open them. If your patterns are relatively small and can fit onto a single .PDF page then your customers should be able to see the entire pattern in thumbnail mode. I'm not sure if this works for previewing .PDFs from a website.

PowerToys will also let you see all of your .SVGs, .FCMs & project files (Brother Scan N Cut files) in thumbnail mode as well. Super useful if you've got a digital cutter from Brother, Cameo, Cricut, etc. I'm not sure if this is a feature of PowerToys or PC Stitch 11 but I can now see .PAT files in thumbnail mode. It just opens up the potential of your Windows PC to something way more useful. You can learn more about MS PowerToys here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/665780/all-microsofts-powertoys-for-windows-10-explained/

Stay Amazing,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
LavonB Posted - 07/14/2021 : 17:39:31
Thank you
Dragonlair Posted - 07/14/2021 : 12:52:01
Pat files are just that - pat files.

You can easily convert them to pdf files by using a virtual printer and Printing to create the PDF.

You can create jpg files but it is difficult to create multi-page (multi-jpgs) to split a larger design into smaller sections. To do that, you EXPORT the pattern to an image. For a multi-page effort, you must specify what sections to put in each jpg and do the instructions separate. It looks like a lot of effort for anything but a very small design. You also do not get the bolder line every 10 stitches.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000