PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 10
 Enlarge Pattern

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fleurkinde Posted - 04/19/2014 : 20:49:06
I created a pattern from an image but it prints out in actual size which is too small to work from. How can I get it to print out in a large size so the symbols are easy to see?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 07/18/2020 : 12:09:26
You don't have to do that! Within the print dialog, you can specify how many stitches/inch to print.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Pogee_04 Posted - 07/18/2020 : 10:37:02
Simply just go to Print/Preview then on the General Tab, lower the values on Specific Stitches per Inch. By default, it is set to 10 but I usually change it to 8 or 7 if I am making a big pattern. The pages count will change. Enjoy!
Dragonlair Posted - 04/20/2014 : 12:15:33
What was being suggested was on the PRINT dialog. That is where you specify how many blocks/inch are printed. Select a number small enough so that you can read it. It may affect the number of pages that are printed.

The other count is for the count for stitching. However -- that's not something to worry about. Remember that the EXACT same pattern can be done in whatever count you want. The only effects will be the size of the stitches (and therefore the final piece) and the amount of materials needed (floss and fabric).

If you have a pattern that says 18 count and want to do it in 14 count, go ahead! The pattern is the same -- just larger stitches (and more materials needed). Conversely, if you have a 14 count pattern and you want to do it in 18 count, no problem! The pattern neither knows nor cares. It just is a graph of what color stitches to put where -- regardless of size.

If you use material that doesn't allow fractionals, that might have an effect but you can choose to handle how however you feel is right for you.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
fleurkinde Posted - 04/20/2014 : 10:43:28
Thanks for the suggestions.
Just to make sure I understand-
Are there 2 places to enter the number of stitches/inch-
one for the page and a different one for the stitches on
the material?
I entered 18/inch because that's the count on the fabric.
If I enter 10/inch, will that change the pattern?
pwoodall Posted - 04/20/2014 : 05:02:34
what I do is change specific inches per page to a lower number then 10 and that make the squares larger. I dont use symbols I use the colored boxes and it works well for me, but you will have more pages to print out. It is in the print tab

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000