PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pro
 How do you get better detail?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
country living Posted - 01/23/2020 : 20:41:48
How do you get better detail on the finished project? I usually use 18 count material and when importing a picture I notice when viewing the pattern, the detail is not there. Faces are pretty blurred. Can't see any detail on trees, etc... What I wind up doing is doubling or quadrupling the horizontal/vertical stitch count, Usually to 36 or 72, to get way better detail on the pattern and still stitch it on 18 count material. I also adjust the size accordingly. Is there any other way I can accomplish this?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 01/23/2020 : 22:09:20
The best way to get the most detail out of an imported image is to make it tiny! You know what size material you are going to use and about what size you want the final product to be. You want to make your image the same size in pixels as your final result will be in stitches.

For example, if you are making an 8 X 10 pattern in 18 count, then you want to have your image 144 X 180 pixels (or as close as you can keeping the aspect ratio. You have to use external software to adjust the image before you import it into PCStitch. I use Irfanview which lets you adjust the image and maintains the aspect ratio automatically.

Also, be prepared to spend a lot of time (hours even for a small "cartoony" project) in "tweaking". What you get from PCStitch is just the first cut. You just adjust colors, remove confetti stitches, and move stitches around to make it look right TO YOU. That's the most important step.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000