PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Removing "Licensed to" from printed design

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamoldover Posted - 09/07/2019 : 10:15:17
How can I remove the "Licensed to" phrase from the printout of a design? These are designs that are completely original, without any materials taken from existing alphabets, borders, or anything else included with the software. I'm putting together designs for potential publication, and would like to avoid having that phrase appear, particularly when there's nothing included after it.

Going back through the forums, it appears that this was an issue that had come up in Version 10, and was supposedly fixed. If it was, the issue is back in Version 11.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FunFractals Posted - 05/01/2022 : 09:02:04
Update 05-16-2022

This morning I was tinkering around with PC Stitch 11. When I went to save I noticed the same type of "licensed to" print added to my pattern and to the preview image I saved. To overcome this I exported the pattern as .PDF without gridlines, then I printed it to paper, scanned the printout, went into MS Paint, and using the eraser tool got rid of it.

Now I can re-import that image to create one more version of the design without that "licensed to" phrase appearing.

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

I don't see it! I opened a small pattern I entered manually some time ago (but using PCStitch 11). I printed it. It shows "Printed by PCStitch" in the bottom left corner of both the pattern and the information page but NO "Licensed to:" message.

If there is a tag in your pattern, I know of no way it can be removed. A new pattern - without any opening of any motifs, alphabets or anything else --- just using colors and symbols should not have the tag. The only thing I can imagine other than what has been listed is a floss palette that someone else created.

EXACTLY what sequence to you do with a NEW pattern that has such a tag. The more details, the better in understanding what is happening before any correction can be even contemplated.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

I looked through one of my original patterns that I created but could not spot this either. I'm using the latest update to PCStitch 11.

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Dragonlair Posted - 04/17/2022 : 12:20:05
I don't see it! I opened a small pattern I entered manually some time ago (but using PCStitch 11). I printed it. It shows "Printed by PCStitch" in the bottom left corner of both the pattern and the information page but NO "Licensed to:" message.

If there is a tag in your pattern, I know of no way it can be removed. A new pattern - without any opening of any motifs, alphabets or anything else --- just using colors and symbols should not have the tag. The only thing I can imagine other than what has been listed is a floss palette that someone else created.

EXACTLY what sequence to you do with a NEW pattern that has such a tag. The more details, the better in understanding what is happening before any correction can be even contemplated.

Diane
bmd52 Posted - 04/17/2022 : 10:27:20
Hello! This is still an issue.If you open the software, and never open a library or use a motif (yours or someone elses) it still has ",Licensed to:" in the bottom corner. This information isn't anywhere in the Options that you can edit, and for someone trying to produce printed designs from their original work, it looks unprofessional. I've tried editing in Adobe PDF form, but that is always risky because sometimes it shifts all of the symbols from the grid.

Bailey
Dragonlair Posted - 09/28/2019 : 15:50:57
You have definitely passed the limit to use email.

Anything you see on a print preview, will appear in the actual print, either on paper or in a file.

I suggest you contact Mark (you can use the email in my previous post) for help. I'm just a volunteer who has used the product for many years. (since 2004)

Diane
jamoldover Posted - 09/28/2019 : 15:07:35
Yes, I do see the "Licensed to" in the print preview, as well as in the output that's actually printed.

FWIW, I believe this puts me over the 5-post number as well.
Dragonlair Posted - 09/21/2019 : 20:17:12
Do you see the "Licensed to:" in a print preview?

The only way to show images with the software we have is to link to an external site. If you have Amazon photos, you can upload the an image (screenshot) to there and "share" which gives you a link you can post and ONLY that image can be seen.

Or, if you have at least 5 posts, you can send me an email and I can reply so you can send the pdf to me for viewing. You can also send an email to Mark at mmiller@pcstitch.com with the PDF. He might be more able to help you.

Diane
jamoldover Posted - 09/21/2019 : 16:05:26
The way I print is to use a "Print to PDF" tool that acts as a printer driver, but saves the file as a PDF so it can be sent to a printer later on. I can also print directly to my local printer. In both cases, the ", Licensed to:" appears directly below the grid on all grid pages. If there's a way to attach an image, I can provide a screen shot of the page section if it would help.
Dragonlair Posted - 09/08/2019 : 20:10:58
That one I don't know about. Are you sure the message doesn't come from how you're printing it? I know some trial software puts such a watermark on it.

I'm not aware of that happening with PCStitch for a truly self-created pattern with no motifs involved.

How are you printing it? For example, the only way I can print a pattern is to print it to a PDF and then use Foxit to Print it. My print drivers only work for one or two products - mainly Foxit.

Diane
jamoldover Posted - 09/08/2019 : 15:32:30
No, I didn't open the motif libraries (at least, not so far as I know).

No words appear after the "Licensed to:", only that phrase itself does.
Dragonlair Posted - 09/07/2019 : 12:12:41
Did you open the motif libraries? I understand that even if you don't use any of the motifs, just opening them can cause this. If this isn't the case, you need to contact Mark.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000