PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pro
 Import freezing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coryball7 Posted - 09/24/2018 : 21:05:10
I have PC stitch Pro and I am having a lot of trouble with the program freezing when I try to import. I used to have 8 (I think) and never had this problem. Am I the only one? I’ve restarted the computer, etc. but have had to Ctrl/alt/delete to get the program to close. Please help!! Cory
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 09/28/2018 : 21:44:54
quote:
Originally posted by will2358

I find that if my image is too large I can not import it. I could not find in help where it had a size limit.

Cynthia Williams

Cynthia,

Unless you are planning an absolutely HUGE project, the size of the image should not be a factor. The best designs are done with simple images and a pixel to stitch ratio of 1/1. To minimize any errors by having the software interpret a single stitch from multiple pixels that may be far different in color from each other, an image should be the same dimensions in pixels as your final project will be in stitches.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
will2358 Posted - 09/28/2018 : 21:06:47
I find that if my image is too large I can not import it. I could not find in help where it had a size limit.

Cynthia Williams
Dragonlair Posted - 09/25/2018 : 18:10:00
Go to PCStitch.com, hover on "Customer Care" and then click on "Contact Us". Be sure your email address is accurate.

Diane
coryball7 Posted - 09/25/2018 : 14:45:50
Who is the contact point? And yes, it's PCStitch 11. There are many different titles for the same thing! C
Dragonlair Posted - 09/25/2018 : 08:01:34
The reason I questioned the version is that "Pro" hasn't been applied to any version other than 8 and 9. Versions 10 and 11 are both Pro and Standard in a single version so no suffix is used.

If you are the latest, then you are using version 11.

I suggest you use the contact point and let them know of the issue. I am just a volunteer user. I'm not sure how often the "officials" monitor this board and it's best to do the full description in private.

By "full", I mean version of Windows, version of PCStitch, other products that may be involved, full description of problem with any errors reported, any steps you've taken to try to resolve it issue ... Anything and everything that you think may apply. The more info the better. It's better to have info that's not related than to miss something that may be critical.

Diane
coryball7 Posted - 09/25/2018 : 05:28:23
Yes... I’m using the most current Pro version complete with updates. I use the task manager to get out of the program, but the whole point is to use the program. I cross stitch photos that I take and I currently cannot import. I’m so disappointed right now... C
Dragonlair Posted - 09/24/2018 : 22:24:48
If you are using either PCStitch 8 or 9, note that you are far out of date. The current version is 11 and the others are no longer updated or supported. Have you tried to cancel using the Task Manager? Even if you cannot stop the product in other ways, you can usually abort it using the "Task" tab of that built-in product.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000