PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Other Topics
 Cross Stitch in General
 Is this possible?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ryancatpaige Posted - 08/13/2014 : 07:48:55
I want to knit or crochet a small afghan in a simple stitch and then cross stitch a 125 letter message on it (for my grandchildren). I can do an afghan....it is cross stitching the message on it that has me stymied. I have PCStitch 10 but don't know how to plot a pattern this big, centered and all. Has anyone ever done this?

Joyce b Goodale
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
momakid Posted - 10/15/2018 : 18:44:52
I am putting this question here because I want to know if this is possible. I am a newbie to PCStitch.
1. I have over 60 quilt block patterns/layouts/templates in spreadsheet. Is it possible to import the spreadsheet into PCStitch?
2. 30 years ago I created stencils on pellon using a red transfer pencil. I then ironed the stencil on to my quilt blocks. Is it possible to use a printer to create the stencil on pellon. Quilt blocks are usually 18" x 18". Or is there a better way to do that now? I just retired and want to get back to quilting.
ryancatpaige Posted - 08/14/2014 : 06:06:13
I don't know how to make the letters. I think I'm going to do a garter stitch afghan...is there an actual "afghan stitch"? So I will make a 40x60" plain afghan, say 4 stitches to the inch. I want the message centered which is "I can't promise you I will be here for the rest of your life but I can promise you I will love to for the rest of mine...and beyond". Where do I learn the cross stitch pattern for all of those letters?

And thank you for your signature about stupid questions. Without that prompt, I would probably not want to expose my ignorance about all of this.

J
Dragonlair Posted - 08/13/2014 : 12:47:53
Don't worry about the size! You'll have to use yarn for the stitches anyway and PCStitch is not "calibrated" for yarn.

Just know the width of the desired stitched area - in stitches and the height of the are and the desired height of each letter - in stitches. Then do the design.

Remember that a design is a design is a design. It makes no difference to the design if you are doing on 32 count linen over one or 1 count super bulky yarn (that's an exaggeration). The design is exactly the same. The ONLY difference is the size!

So just plot out the dimensions of the stitched area in stitches and make your design. Use it for your afghan.

I agree, cross-stitching over afghan stitch is a cinch! It also will make one very very warm afghan! I've made myself a hood using double-thickness of afghan stitch with worsted weight yarn. Super warm in the winter!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000