PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Other Topics
 Other Crafts
 Card Embroidery

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Loriekay Posted - 06/06/2014 : 23:23:58
Has anyone used PCStitch to create patterns for greeting cardd embroidery? I'd love to do this, but don't even know where to begin. I know that PCStitch can be used to make patterns for numerous crafts, but I have only been able to figure out the counted cross stitch portion.

Just wondering if anyone has any additional instruction or advise.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FunFractals Posted - 11/19/2022 : 05:30:52
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

A pattern is a pattern is a pattern. PCStitch has no way to know how you intend to use any pattern, it just gives you the stitches and colors. The rest is up to you.

Any craft that can have its patterns represented as a grid with symbols and colors can be used with PCStitch. How you use it is your part of the job.

If you see a cross stitch pattern and want to do it in latch hook, for example, go for it. The only limitations are specialty stitches. Latch hook can't handle backstitches or other specialty stitches very easily.

Diane makes a good point. You can use the color palette in PC Stitch to match that of Lego building blocks. Set that as the default color palette. Now you can import and convert any image you like to be converted into a Lego-like pattern. Lego color themed patterns are a big seller on Etsy.

There are programs you can download that claim to do the same thing. I believe those are keyed to the actual pieces in the Lego brick catalog.

Have Oodles of Fun,

FunFractals

If you want to do a latch hook pattern in cross stitch -- go for it. You can embellish it as you want -- regardless of what you see in your pattern.

I don't know what's different in Greeting Card Embroidery but if it's a grid -- it's not a problem.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Dragonlair Posted - 06/07/2014 : 07:35:32
A pattern is a pattern is a pattern. PCStitch has no way to know how you intend to use any pattern, it just gives you the stitches and colors. The rest is up to you.

Any craft that can have its patterns represented as a grid with symbols and colors can be used with PCStitch. How you use it is your part of the job.

If you see a cross stitch pattern and want to do it in latch hook, for example, go for it. The only limitations are specialty stitches. Latch hook can't handle backstitches or other specialty stitches very easily.

If you want to do a latch hook pattern in cross stitch -- go for it. You can embellish it as you want -- regardless of what you see in your pattern.

I don't know what's different in Greeting Card Embroidery but if it's a grid -- it's not a problem.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000