PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pattern Viewer
 Where's the color Key?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Annalea Posted - 09/24/2012 : 14:41:34
I've downloaded the PCStitch Viewer to look at a PAT file I purchased on Saturday. However, all I can see is the pattern chart . . . I can't see any kind of key/legend to tell me which color goes with each block on the chart. The help file doesn't say boo about this, except that one can open a palette . . . but I see no evidence of that in the menus anywhere.

Thanks so much for your help!

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anneparr Posted - 10/23/2015 : 08:00:35
Try for the new version.
Dragonlair Posted - 12/04/2012 : 07:27:51
Annalea,

You might try the trial versions of myriaCross or myriaCross QuickView. I know those two products will tell you what version of PCStitch you're using.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Annalea Posted - 12/03/2012 : 22:34:30
Hmmmm. Okay. The pattern I'm trying to open is one I purchased from PatternsOnline.com (BEFORE I realized they only sold proprietary pattern files that depended on Windows-only software. Ugh.)

Trouble is, I really love this little pattern.

I just tried macstitch, which is supposed to open PCStitch files, but no dice. Not sure what else to try . . . I guess I could fire up Parallels and see if I can figure out which version the file is . . .
Dragonlair Posted - 12/03/2012 : 20:41:30
It's not always easy to tell what version of PCStitch your file is. However, be aware that some OLD PatternMaker files also used the .pat format (since changed). The main purpose of Pattern Viewer is to do just that - view and print patterns. Maybe you can download the evaluation form of PCStitch and see the palette that way.

I do not have PatternViewer because it is very outdated. Even recent downloads won't read newer files. I did it in early November and had the same problem (I removed it as too much trouble) since I have full PCStitch 10.

Diane
Annalea Posted - 12/03/2012 : 18:40:28
Hi there . . . sorry it's been so long. Life got crazy, and I guess I don't get email notifications for replies to my posts here. Hmmmm.

Let me see if I can find the file info . . . how does one go about finding out? All I can see is that it's a PAT file. The PCStitch is whatever version was available on Sept 24th of this year.
Dragonlair Posted - 09/24/2012 : 20:32:15
What version of PCStitch was the patten? The Pattern Viewer has not been updated in quite some time and does not open all files.

The colors and symbols should be available on the screen. Or, worst case scenario, a print preview should show them.

You can also get the evaluation version of PCStitch (no time limit - just functionality limits) to look at and print the file.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000