PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 Patterns on the Web
 MIME type needed for .pat files

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
heavenlyevil Posted - 07/27/2006 : 13:04:19
I've got a few patterns that I've made available on my personal site, but since I've set up the page containing them with my blogging software it does not allow people to open the files once they are downloaded.

The problem seems to be that in order to upload files properly I need to declare the correct MIME type in the settings. What would this be?

See the problem here: http://www.heavenlyevil.com/patterns/

The first pattern I made up a type for and it works, but the rest don't. I'd rather use the actual MIME type than the made-up one if at all possible.

We're all mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself. - Cheshire Cat
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mark Posted - 07/31/2006 : 10:24:34
The MIME type that we use is application/octet-stream.

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies
heavenlyevil Posted - 07/28/2006 : 00:04:23
It works now because I faked the MIME type for the other files now as well. But this is only a temporary fix, and I don't want this page to be unusable in the future, so that's why I'm asking what the actual MIME type for .pat files should be.

I don't have to worry about copyright because I either have permission for artwork/images I use for patterns, or it is freely shared fanart.

We're all mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself. - Cheshire Cat
Dragonlair Posted - 07/27/2006 : 16:09:32
I don't understand. I was able to download all of them with no trouble. I did one (meh) both double-left-click and right-click select and everything came down fine.

I do want you to be sure of one thing. As these are conversions into PCStitch from other images, be sure that the original images are not copyrighted. If they are copyrighted you are violating that copyright by creating these patterns and distributing them.

I haven't looked at all of them but you do mention sources so I just wanted to be sure.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000