PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pattern Viewer
 Error Code 52 with Valid Files

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dragonlair Posted - 09/28/2010 : 21:02:08
Ellen Maurer-Stroh has been creating a "Flower of the Month" series this year on her main site of: www.maurer-stroh.com (just follow the links to the 2010 Project)

Every one of these patterns (and the three not yet released) have the exact same error. They open fine in PCStitch 7, PCStitch 9, myriaCross Viewer/Converter and myriaCross Quick View.

Some show to be version 7.00.22 and the others are 7.00.17. All are perfectly legitimate (and free) files. ONLY Pattern Viewer has problems with them.

Any idea what is wrong? Anybody can test this because both the software and the files are freely available.

Is it just my installation (on Vista32 Ultimate SP2)?

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Like Books? Visit www.Booktastic.org
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 10/03/2010 : 12:58:39
I just discovered that there is STILL a problem with PatternViewer.

When it is the "last" installation of M&R Tech products, it steals control over the .pat extension. In this mode, a double-click or right-click+Select option works and the files will open in PatternViewer. However, if another M&R tech product has control over the .pat extension (such as PCStitch Pro 9), a right-click+Select option will result in the error reported.

If you OPEN Pattern Viewer and the from there open the file, it will open fine. PatternViewer just does not play well with the other products. It wants all the resources to itself and being just a viewer, this is not right. It should automatically take a subservient position with respect to the PCStitch product line.

Diane

Dragonlair Posted - 09/28/2010 : 21:40:35
It works with these files but I see that this update still does not load version 9 files.

Diane

Dragonlair Posted - 09/28/2010 : 21:36:25
Problem solved! The manual download and install of 7.2.8 not only correctly installed but it fixed the problem with Ellen's files. They all load now!

Diane

Dragonlair Posted - 09/28/2010 : 21:31:46
I see I'm one minor level behind on this product. I downloaded the update but got an error about a bad file name trying to run the update. I'll try to get it manually.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000