PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pattern Viewer
 Help with error code -1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zartlila Posted - 12/06/2009 : 09:53:46
I just downloaded the PC Stitch pattern viewer in order to use some .PAT patterns. However, every time I try to open them I get a message: "Error Code -1 opening [file]". Others have had no problem opening these files. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but it did not help. Could someone please advise?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
maryhelen74656 Posted - 04/17/2010 : 12:57:38
Thank you VERY much!!! I tried that last night, and it worked beautifully!
Dragonlair Posted - 04/16/2010 : 17:45:19
I don't know if there has been an update to Pattern Viewer but yes, if you have PRO, you can "export" it to PCStitch 7 format. That's the key - "export"! It works easily. I use it ALL the time because 7 format is far smaller than Pro. It won't work if you have the Standard form of version 9 - only with the Pro.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
maryhelen74656 Posted - 04/16/2010 : 16:09:52
I'm going to be teaching a cross stitch class in a week. I'll be bringing my laptop (which has Pattern Viewer installed) so I can show the class some .PAT patterns that I created in PC Stitch Pro 9 (on my desktop machine). I'm getting the error code described above. The last posting on this issue is from December '09; has any progress been made on it as of now?

If not, is there a way to convert a Pro 9 pattern into Version 7 format? (I'd rather not load the evaluation version onto my laptop, if I can avoid it, due to disk space constraints.) Alternately, can the evaluation version be run from a thumb drive, or does it have to be installed on the hard disk to work?

Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks very much!
Dragonlair Posted - 12/14/2009 : 07:38:39
If that's the case, then you can download the evaluation form of PCStitch. It's not time limited and will allow you to open and print the patterns. You just won't be able to change them.

Diane
zartlila Posted - 12/13/2009 : 22:05:54
According to Mark, the patterns I want to open are stored in the version 9 format, which is not yet supported by the Pattern Viewer. There will be an update at some point, but not sure when yet.
Dragonlair Posted - 12/06/2009 : 12:12:26
You are the third person I have heard report this exact same problem with PatternViewer. I suggest you send an email with a complete explanation of the problem to Mark at mmiller@pcstitch.com .

When you find out what is wrong, please post!

The other two people "solved" the problem by using PCStitch rather than PatternViewer.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000