PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Testing out upper limits of PC Stitch 11

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FunFractals Posted - 05/16/2022 : 02:01:15
Good evening folks,

Ever since the latest update to PC Stitch 11 I've been seeing the vertical height to some of my image conversions over 1,000 stitches. Out of curiosity I tried to key in more than three "9"s into the stitches field inside Properties/Options. No dice, it is still locked at 999x999 as the maximum. So then I thought about testing it out in inches mode. Bingo!

It looks like when I keyed in 100x100 inches in the properties/options tab that I created a pattern with 3000x2400 stitches. With a grand total of 7.2 million stitches if the calculator is correct. How much RAM would I need to complete the pattern? How fast should my CPU be? I tried to complete a pattern at 3000x2400 stitches using only 100 colors. About half way through the import process the software froze and gave me the option of reporting this to technical support. Which I did.

My Windows laptop is from 2014. It does the job for what I originally bought it. Specs are:

AMD A10 ACER Aspire E 15
Total of 10 computer cores (Windows sees it as a quad core)
Base clock speed 1.8 GHz
Maximum Boost speed 3.2 GHz
Installed RAM 8 GBs
Max. RAM 16 GBs

It looks like I can key in 999x999 inches to create a pattern that is 29,970x29,970 stitches with 898,200,900 total stitches! Has anyone else here tried to make a pattern at this size? If so what are the hardware specs of your PC, how long did it take, what was the pixel resolution of your image/photo? 'Cos I've made fractals that top out at 20,480x20,480 pixels that I would love to convert to these larger pattern sizes.

Thanks,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000