PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 New Feature request

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FunFractals Posted - 05/01/2022 : 09:44:36
How difficult would it be to add these features as an interim update?

01) pre-analyze folders of images to determine which ones require the least vs. the most number of thread colors (DMC for example). Perhaps sorting the results into sub-folders whose folder name would indicate the number of thread colors needed. Or possibly sorting by 100 or fewer as one sub-folder. Then in chunks at 25-50 above that as a range until the maximum thread count is reached? Provide an accurate time to completion report plus an accurate report of how much work has been done. This could be in the form of percentage, time, or both.

01a) While analyzing how many colors are needed to provide an accurate representation of each image it would be beneficial if the software can also determine which images will translate accurately. It seems hit or miss when I try to determine whether an image will look good as a pattern. I load the image, I test it out at 100 colors, if it is an accurate color match I proceed to make the conversion. If it doesn't I place it in a folder "try at 505 colors" and then move on to the next image. Methodical works. But it takes a lot of time.

02) Auto-naming our patterns using a template from within the software. I've already used settings to assign my logo, Etsy link, copyright data, artist name, company name, how I want the patterns to be formatted, the size and type of fonts to use. It would be great to have our filenames automatically appended alongside our chart dimensions and their actual total number of thread colors inserted as well. At the moment if one of my patterns uses up to 505 colors my filename looks something like this:

"computer-1373684 500x334 up to 505 colors". This tells me that a file named "computer-1373684" is to be paired with the Pixabay image of the same name. It also shows it has 500x334 stitches. To create this I copy and paste the filename into the pattern properties option after clearing out any unused palette entries. The I key in the specific dimensions of that pattern along with special notation on the use of up to 505 colors (where warranted).

While I've gotten accustomed to this way of doing things it would great simplify the process if a little bit of automation could be added to the software.

Macro software/hardware from Elgato's Stream Deck suggests that copy and paste can be used to create macros from any software title that can then be mapped or assigned to one of the Stream Deck's physical buttons. So I was thinking if copy and paste data can be used to create a macro with their product would it be possible to add that level of functionality to PCStitch itself?

I had paid the developer of WinStitch to add batch processing to their software in 2020 but it never really worked.

Thank you,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000