PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 General Discussions & Announcements
 Discontinued Floss Colors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bossharts Posted - 03/30/2022 : 17:31:28
I've created a pattern with an engagement photo. It used the DMC 3880 to 3895 floss colors in the pattern but they are no longer making those colors. First, why are those colors in the available palette if no longer available? Is there a way I can delete those from the available colors so other colors will show up in the pattern? Since this is a photo of faces, I don't want to randomly change the colors so thought program could do it better than I could.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 03/22/2024 : 12:44:20
Since the vast majority of customers are US, it's not likely to expect different versions. Each country knows what colors are available and can choose from among them.

Checking WHERE a user is located could be considered an invasion of privacy!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
FunFractals Posted - 03/22/2024 : 12:33:48
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

DMC is not good about announcing discontinued colors and they often discontinue in one area but not others. For example, they may discontinue in Europe but continue to sell in the US.

The only thing you can do is make your own floss palette based on DMC but including ONLY the colors you know to be available.

As for the program doing a better job in choosing colors - remember two things: the computer sees color differently than we do so you may not like some of the choices, and for any color family, there are only so many different color flosses available. I've had a black/white picture import using yellows and purples because there weren't enough grays.

Diane

Does the software automatically cross-check with what is available in the software user's part of the world? That would be a nice feature to add for upgrades if it doesn't. Perhaps present two or more versions for different parts of the world where a floss color is supported versus where it is not supported?

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Dragonlair Posted - 01/24/2023 : 07:39:26
quote:
Originally posted by LMGStitcher

Why has this not been addressed and fixed.

Linda Gagnon

HOW????

If Amazon doesn't announce and/or is inconsistent as to what colors are discontinued where, how does anyone change their palettes. That would be like expecting everybody who ever used a discontinued color change and re-issue their patterns.

The only thing you can do is to be aware of it and offer substitutes.

Diane
LMGStitcher Posted - 01/24/2023 : 00:49:01
Why has this not been addressed and fixed.

Linda Gagnon
bossharts Posted - 03/31/2022 : 11:34:01
Thanks for the info :)
Dragonlair Posted - 03/30/2022 : 20:12:37
DMC is not good about announcing discontinued colors and they often discontinue in one area but not others. For example, they may discontinue in Europe but continue to sell in the US.

The only thing you can do is make your own floss palette based on DMC but including ONLY the colors you know to be available.

As for the program doing a better job in choosing colors - remember two things: the computer sees color differently than we do so you may not like some of the choices, and for any color family, there are only so many different color flosses available. I've had a black/white picture import using yellows and purples because there weren't enough grays.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000