PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Other Topics
 Cross Stitch in General
 Converting a black and white photo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ZimGal Posted - 12/08/2021 : 06:39:16
Hi everyone, I am very new to PCStitch and I need your expert advice please. I am wanting to convert my mum and dad's black and white wedding photo and stitch it for them for their 50th wedding anniversary next year. I'm not 100% sure how to do this. I have imported the photo and have a decent size of 382 x 651 stitches but I don't know how to tweak the picture and pick the colours. I have tried to read some of the previous threads on this, but I don't know how to get the crisp lines to give definition so that you can see what it is meant to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA x
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 12/08/2021 : 07:45:23
Step 1 - choose a photo with as simple a background as possible - put the emphasis on the foreground.

Step 2 - make the photo the same dimensions in pixels as the desired pattern - the closer to 1/1 of pixels to stitches, the better your start.

Step 3 - Import using the desired number of colors - know there are only a limited number of shades of gray/white/black and be prepared to change things.

Step 4 - tweak!

You'll never get the "crisp" edged you think you see in the photo. The computer sees things differently. You'll need to change colors, either en-masse or individually. I did a black/white image and one shade of "gray" was a bright yellow,

It will take time - take the time. The import is the first step. I like having the original image side-by side with the imported pattern image and adjust what I see from that.

Final tip - relax and enjoy yourself!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000