PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Standard
 creating a pattern from a photo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DiWoMc Posted - 07/29/2021 : 20:17:36
It's been a while since I created a new pattern. I have a photo that I would like to use but I want it substantially bigger than the actual photo. Whenever I try and import the photo it reverts to 7x9 but I want 17.5" wide. How can I get it bigger?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 07/30/2021 : 16:13:57
In the import dialog, hit the right arrow at the top of the tabs to get to the Floss tab. That's where you specify the maximum number of colors and the floss manufacturer or to a customized palette.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
DiWoMc Posted - 07/30/2021 : 14:31:15
Awesome. How do I change the number of floss colors?
Dragonlair Posted - 07/29/2021 : 20:25:08
First of all - you need to decide what count fabric you're using as well as the size of the project you want. If you want something that's 17.5" wide, you need to decide what count you want to use. If you want 14 count, then you want a design that is 245 stitches wide. For 18 count, then you need 315 stitches.

This is very important. That is because the size of your project determines the size of the image you import. You always want to try to make the image the same dimensions in pixels as the dimensions in stitches or as close as possible. This gives you 1 pixel to 1 stitch. That gives the best starting point in creating the pattern.

When you import the image, the dimensions are given at the top of the dialog. Select the size tab and use those numbers to set the size of your pattern.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000