PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PatternsOnline.com
 selling patterns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
retro_stitches Posted - 02/19/2012 : 03:55:34
i have a question regarding copyrights, regarding the pictures these patterns are derived from

do i need to get some kind of permission from the authors of the artworks that i want to use for my designs that i want to sell,

and how do i go about getting them onto patternsonline

ok i think what i just said makes sense lol, thanks for the awesome app..(funny today someone said to me they were in awe of the fact that i do something that, is predominantly done by women, i dont see it that way i see it like painting,drawing etc etc, what do you think)

thanks everyone
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 02/19/2012 : 09:37:39
You will definitely have to do some investigation with Thomas Kinkade's artwork. Much of it is already available in cross-stitch and you may have other copyright issues there.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
retro_stitches Posted - 02/19/2012 : 08:22:38
cheers thanks, i'll have to do some investigating, as i'd like to do some of thomas kinkade's works i love the colours and brilliance, and the fact that his artworks are heavenly inspired, being that he's a christian like me...just inspires me
Dragonlair Posted - 02/19/2012 : 07:47:14
If you wish to sell your designs that are based or imported from other material, yes you do need copyright.

As an example, if you make a design of Mickey Mouse, that character is copyrighted so you need the permission of the Disney company to sell your design.

It's not just the patterns that may be copyrighted but the images you are working from.

For yourself, it is a gray area and there isn't a real problem, for selling, it can be a HUGE issue.

Play it save -- ask before you sell!

As for getting any of your patterns on to POL, you need to contact Mark. I have NO idea on that one!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000