PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Missing symbols in fonts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
   
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

 
   

T O P I C    R E V I E W
krusepl Posted - 08/16/2026 : 16:20:35
I am missing several symbols in the middle of the fonts. I tried to send you a picture of one of the fonts to show you, but it would not past.
Do you know how to correct this problem?

Patricia L Kruse
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 08/26/2026 : 17:39:28
When you select a font for symbols, you get ALL the characters defined in that font, even if it is not a stitch font but a normal text font. If the characters you want are not seen, they are not defined. There are three different PCStitch fonts and all are different. They all contain some characters and some characters are unique to one font. The same is true in other stitch fonts. Some of the characters are also in the PCStitch fonts and some are unique and not in the PCStitch fonts and some are in the PCStitch fonts and NOT in the other fonts.

The answer to the question as to why all the symbols you want are not in the font, the answer is the creator of that font decided it that way.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
krusepl Posted - 08/26/2026 : 15:36:06
I can see all the fonts my pc has; I want to know why some of PCstitch symbols are missing from the symbols panel, when I can see the symbols in other programs. Even word, and excel, as well as other stitch programs.

Patricia L Kruse
Dragonlair Posted - 08/18/2026 : 17:36:05
Each company is different. There are some symbols that PCStitch has that aren't in the others. That's why I pick and choose.

I did ask Mark recently if there were a way to tell PCStitch to only list what Windows fonts that you want in that area. He said no but it was a good idea.

Even if the same characters are in different company's fonts, they're in different places and that can be very confusing.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
krusepl Posted - 08/18/2026 : 17:13:44
I know that, but why does one program have the symbols and PCStitch does not?

Patricia L Kruse
Dragonlair Posted - 08/17/2026 : 17:39:50
There are three PCStitch fonts. All have some empty spots. I have several Cross-Stitch fonts that are even more sparse. To use all the symbols that I want to use, I often have to use up to 7 different fonts on the SAME pattern. It is nice that it is possible to do just that. Each color can have a unique palette color definition and symbol definition.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
krusepl Posted - 08/17/2026 : 17:22:07
Even the PCStitch Symbols?
On Pattern Maker all of them, but PCStitch Symbols I only see 1-94, the next 34 are missing, next 13 are shown, one missing, then I see the rest.
Other fonts have different ones missing that I can see in Pattern Maker

Patricia L Kruse
Dragonlair Posted - 08/16/2026 : 17:31:38
All of the fonts have some "undefined" codes and in some cases, the same character is in the same font more than once. That's just the way they are defined.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000