The Legend List
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JANELL GOMEZ

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2019 :  20:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The information sheet has the DMC flosses used in the pattern, but I want to list them numerically.They seem to be listed according to colors. I want to list them by the numbers; example: 344, 899, 3031, etc.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2019 :  22:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The information sheet (legend) lists the colors using the same "sort" method as is used for the floss palette. If you right click in the floss palette area and select "Sort Palette By" and then select "Manufacturer ID", you will get DMC colors in numerical order. If you have it sorted by color or something else, that is what will be used for printing the legend.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

willowpolson

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2023 :  15:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm having the same problem, but your solution didn't work. I have the floss palette sorted by Manufacturer ID (numerical descending) but the legend output is still seemingly random (maybe stuck in the order the colors were added?).

I need the legend to output in numerical descending because I'm doing 25 projects for a book and it will take me hours to rearrange every legend manually. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2023 :  20:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you sort by Manufacturer ID DESCENDING? By default, the Manufacturer ID is in ASCENDING order. The only way to do that in descending order is to do a user defined and that may be your problem.

I tried several options and the list option for printing is the same as the palette option used for the display/creation section.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Amber

Denmark
112 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2023 :  17:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try right clicking on Palette tools - sort palette by - edit user defined sort - Manufacturer ID - Descending in the drop box - Reset.

Edited by - Amber on 06/04/2023 17:21:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000