New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thia

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2019 :  19:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I bought some patterns online and received them in PDF format. Is it possible to import the patterns into PC Stitch? I prefer stitching from PC Stitch because I can hover over stitches to see color changes. It's a large pattern and I wouldn't want to manually enter the pattern.

Thia

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2019 :  20:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, that is not possible. The only imports allowed are graphical and actually create a pattern, not use an existing pattern.

I've converted patterns manually from PDF (and jpg) to PCStitch and it's actually a fairly easy process. Just put the two windows side by side! Try to adjust the size of the stitches in both windows to be about the same size and it's even easier. Any repetitious areas (such as borders) can easily be done using copying and flipping.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Thia

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  16:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Copying and flipping?

Thia
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  20:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure!

You can mark an area of the pattern (use the arrow cursor) and then there are options for copying or moving the section elsewhere (it shows up in the upper left corner and you drag it to where you want it. There are also options for flipping the marked section either horizontal or vertical or rotating it by 90 degrees (if you do that 4 times, you're back where you started) and copying that elsewhere.

Try the tutorial or just play with the options. You can't really go wrong. The worst case scenario is you create something you don't like and just delete it and start over.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Thia

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  18:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea to try the tutorial! I think I did when I first got the program but may have forgotten some things since then. Thank you for your help!

Thia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000