Files saved in PCStitch11 not opening in PC10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HCS

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  11:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have both versions installed on my computer because one has a floss file that the other doesn't have. I opened a file in 11 made some changes and saved. Now I can't open it in PC10. Is that normal?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  15:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is completely normal.

Each version of PCStitch will accept files created in any previous version. However, each version changes a little bit in the format for new features. For that reason, no older version of the software will accept a pattern made in a newer version.

In your case, its possible that you can find the one floss definition in 11 and copy it to 10 but I can't see why you would do that. Why not just use 11?

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

HCS

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  15:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I use Appletons tapestry wool. I was able to purchase and download an Appletons floss file years ago for PC10 but it's not compatible with PC11 and the company that I bought the floss file from is no longer around (MyriaCross). So I will have to manually create a floss list (but there are over 300 colours so I keep using PC10 until I have time to do that).
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  17:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should be compatible. I copied the myriaCross flosses from 10 to 11 with no problems. The floss format didn't change.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

HCS

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  10:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I tried it a different way and now my Appleton palatte has loaded properly. I can now use PC11 - just need to reconfigure my preferred settings. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000