PCStitch 9 Pro removing discontinued floss colors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

terrapinesdesigns

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2023 :  16:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still use this version sometimes and am trying to figure out how to removed floss colors that have been discontinued by DMC. I was easily able to delete them from my PCStitch 11 software, but can't find a place to do so in 9 Pro. Anyone know how?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2023 :  17:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's very old software! Your best bet is to have a copy of the palette and work with that. Maybe work with the copy with the floss editor (I believe it's a separate product but included with PCStitch in that version). Then use the edited version.

If you have a copy of the "edited" version for 11, the format is probably the same and can be copied with the other palettes and selected from there.

I still recommend you use a different file (and name) for the edited version of the palette and keep a copy where it can be backed up in case of a problem.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

terrapinesdesigns

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2023 :  18:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Diane! I'll try that. I like a couple of features in 9 that aren't in 11. The main one is when importing a photo, you can remove areas of similar color, not just rectangles, circles or freehand areas. I also prefer the symbols used in 9 at least for the first 100 entries, which is typically as many floss colors as I use. I find the ones in 11 are more difficult to read and many in that first 100 are very similar looking. Many times, I import the photo to create the basic pattern in 9 and then open the pattern in 11 to finish my edits and designing.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000