New and Can't figure out this program
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alittlebird

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  13:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I just bought PC Stitch 11 at the advice of a friend. Normally I figure out software in no time at all but this is beyond frustrating. I can't get it to work at all. I am trying to graph out a pattern I did a long time ago long hand but when I click in a box I get what looks like a very tiny period. I have gone through the tutorials and the help and there is nothing about how to work this.

Can anyone help? I had planned on spending this weekend charting these old patterns so that I could get them ready to sell.

Thank you
Anne

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  15:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you see when you create a stitch depends on what you have defined as such. The "Star" icon has the legend "Stitches Displayed As" below it and there are multiple choices. I use color blocks with the symbol.

What symbols are used depends on what color and how you have defined them. Each time you "add" a color to the palette, it generates a default symbol. The Symbol palette (3x3 block of colors) has those symbols and shows which are in use. Be aware, there are several that have duplicates in the entire field - 3, I think.

The tutorial should help. The way to use the software hasn't changed much in over 15 years that I've used it.

If you don't use underlay, it's as simple as creating the pattern in the selected size, set the colors and symbols, select a color and put it in! That's the extreme basics, of course.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Alittlebird

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  16:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you would think but apparently I am doing something horribly wrong. The tutorial is useless - there are no step by step instructions at all.

I have started a new design, I get only a limited amount of squares and when I click on a box to add the symbol/color I only get a small dot. Not something that fills the square.

I was going to attach a picture but the forum isn't letting me for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  17:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the tutorial helpful.

When you create a new pattern, the pop-up you see has options for you to select the number of stitches wide and high. Other options say if the display is by inches/CM or by stitches. I always use stitches.

Select the colors (they show in the palette at the bottom of the screen) for the pattern. When you wish to use a color, click on the color you wish to use. Then note at the top what kind of stitch you want to use (you don't use "Selection tool" - arrow to set stitches). You probably would start with "X" which is "Full-Stitch". After you have selected the color and have selected how to display the stitches -- click on a box to set the stitch.

To show what you are seeing - you need to use a screenshot and then have it displayed in a third party site (even amazon.com) where you can either give a link to it or display it directly.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000