Cant Print Symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TankJuice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  16:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to PCStitch and I am trying to print a pattern, but no symbols will print. I have even tried converting to pdf and the symbols wont show on the pdf. So I dont think its my printer. I have tried all the selections for printing with no success.
Running on windows 10

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  17:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the print options. On the first page of the print dialog, there is an option to specify how the stitches are to be printed. It's also something you can set by default to such as symbols, color blocks, color blocks with symbols and so forth.

Then, check it in print preview. What you see there should be what you see on paper.

Converting to PDF only converts what you have "printed" to a PDF file rather than actual printing. Be aware that there are reported issues using the Microsoft virtual printer to PDF. It has been known to crash the program.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

TankJuice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  17:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately that is what I have been doing. Print preview is exactly what it should look like then it prints as an empty grid, or an empty grid pdf. I was able to print one of the pre downloaded patterns and symbols are printing fine.
I am trying to import a picture and make it into a pattern, ive gone through the tutorials and watched youtube videos.
It could be my printer but im not 100% convinced since converting to pdf is giving the same results.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  20:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried the other print options, such as color, just to see if it shows something different?

What PDF printer are you using? I'm using Win 10 and Fox-It as my Adobe clone and it's virtual printer works fine.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

TankJuice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  09:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will print the color blocks. but not color blocks with symbols. and I was using primo PDF.
Print preview shows symbols. But then boom,none on the actual printed paper or pdf.
Im assuming its something with me creating the pattern, because the ones that come with the program will print symbols.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  15:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it shows in preview but not in the PDF, I suggest you try a different PDF printer. I used to use Primo PDF but got mad at it when I tried to install a newer version on a new machine and had a lot of trouble with it trying to install products as I tried to remove them!

I found Foxit has a pdf printer that's faster and better. I suggest you try that to see if it works better.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000