Print problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Houston

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  14:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is maddening! I cannot figure out why on some patterns it does this. When I hit print I get this error!
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I can print some patterns and some I get this error. There are no differences besides size really. Any clue?
https://sta.sh/01kw4gp5r857
Sorry for the link, I tried to get an image to load but it wouldn't do it.

Edited by - Aaron Houston on 01/10/2020 14:36:19

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  15:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've not seen that error before!

Did you get the error when you clicked to Print or when you tried to actually print it after selecting the printer and parameters?

If it was the latter, try another printer, such as a print to PDF. I don't recommend using Microsoft's PDF printer because that is known to have issues with PCStitch.

If the former, try contacting Mark. I have NO idea what would cause that.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Houston

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  22:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it happens when I try to print preview. It's very frustrating
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Houston

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  23:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok!!! I did it!! For anyone that has this issue, this may be an option to explore.
I don't know why it does this but I have a Dymo label writer for my other business on this pc. So when I print to that, windows defaults to that printer. So when I try to print/preview this pattern that I haven't printed before it defaults to that printer and pc stitch doesn't like it for whatever reason. BUt!
I could open the print preview for patterns that I had opened the print/preview before. So, I had to go into one of those patterns and print a test print to default it back to my pdf print settings. Then it would let me open it on the new pattern because it was on the right settings.
Totally weird but that fixed it for me. Hallelujah!
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  08:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what version of windows you have and it varies so I can only give a general idea here. Go to your device manager in Control Panel. There you can define the default printer. Set it to other than that label maker. That should be remembered. It should help.

It sounds like you found something similar to the problems with the Microsoft PDF printer - not compatible with PCStitch.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000