dmc colors.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GhostWolf

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  16:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I just found out that there are 8 colors on the color list that dmc has not made. If that makes since. I printed out my color sheet for a pattern and searched online and even at dmc's website and these 8 colors do not exist. I don't know if there is something i can do or just remove them permantly from my end of the program. Thanks.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  19:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some colors that have been "retired" by DMC and are no longer made. You need to look at that color and try to find an appropriate replacement. Also, some colors are only available in certain locations. The colors need to be kept in the list because many older patterns may still refer to those color numbers.

Always remember -- DMC has no official names for the colors, just numbers.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

GhostWolf

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  23:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea i know they use the numbers, but they also have color name with them. even when you go to a store to buy them. i also checked and found the 8 colors were the discontinued colors lol. i aslo found by just looking around on the program was there is a floss editor. didn't know if anyone knew about that. but in that section i was able to remove those 8 colors that are no longer needed for me. thanks for your swift reply. :)
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2019 :  07:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The floss editor has always been available for PCStitch. However, it's only the last version or two where it was incorporated into the main program.

Yes, there are names to the colors but they are not "official" and you may see some variations depending on who is naming them. I've seen 995/996 stated as Electric Blue and as Peacock Blue.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000