New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

az-ga

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2019 :  11:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I'd like to manage libraries as folders...
Move design from a library to another.

ps can anybody tell me difference from PCstitch 10 and 11?

thanks

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2019 :  12:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Each "Library" is a file. Within each file is multiple motifs. You can think of it as each library being a folder of motifs. It's most likely far more efficient to treat it this way.

Since you can create your own libraries, I see no reason why you cannot have the same motif saved in multiple libraries.

I cannot tell you the differences between PCStitch 10 and 11 in any detail. I do know that two differences are -- PCStitch 11 is still supported and occasionally updated. Also, it is supported under Windows 10. PCStitch 10 is, I believe, only supported through Windows 7. As far as I know, both will work under 10. As far as I know, all versions still work under Windows 8.1. I don't have Windows 10 so I can't verify personally any of this.

The format of the .pat file changes for each and every update of the program. It is always backward compatible. All versions of PCStitch can read that level files as wall as files created for all previous versions. However, the reverse is not true. PCStitch 10 cannot read files for PCStitch 11.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

az-ga

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2019 :  17:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

Each "Library" is a file. Within each file is multiple motifs. You can think of it as each library being a folder of motifs. It's most likely far more efficient to treat it this way.

Since you can create your own libraries, I see no reason why you cannot have the same motif saved in multiple libraries.

I cannot tell you the differences between PCStitch 10 and 11 in any detail. I do know that two differences are -- PCStitch 11 is still supported and occasionally updated. Also, it is supported under Windows 10. PCStitch 10 is, I believe, only supported through Windows 7. As far as I know, both will work under 10. As far as I know, all versions still work under Windows 8.1. I don't have Windows 10 so I can't verify personally any of this.

The format of the .pat file changes for each and every update of the program. It is always backward compatible. All versions of PCStitch can read that level files as wall as files created for all previous versions. However, the reverse is not true. PCStitch 10 cannot read files for PCStitch 11.

Diane

I want to move motifs from a library to another.
Now I find it very long... I have to open motif and to do "save in library".
I'd like something as "drag and drop".
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2019 :  20:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since each library is a .plb file, drag and drop isn't possible.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000