Picture distorted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dakmunk668

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  18:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the picture I upload is graphed, it is distorted. Will it be distorted once I stitch it or become clear?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  20:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you mean by "distorted". If you mean "blurry", then you need to tweak the pattern. The import from an image is just the first step. It gives it's best approximation of a pattern based on the image and the parameters you gave it. There are limitations as to what it can do. Manual tweaking -- changing colors, changing the colors of individual stitches, removing confetti stitches (changing their colors), easing contours ... it's all part of tweaking and it makes the pattern YOURS.

There is no way to get a really good pattern from an image without this step.

It's also best to start with an image that is of the same pixel dimensions and the final stitch dimensions desired. Try to get 1 pixel to 1 stitch to avoid the software having to merge several pixels and choose the most appropriate color to use.

It takes time. Even a simple pattern of just a few colors can take hours to accomplish.

If you have another meaning for "distorted", please explain. Any other kind may be caused by the image itself.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

dakmunk668

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  20:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly