Adding new floss charts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tabbycat1963

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  08:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I know that this has been covered before, I was reading many of the posts from 2008-2012. I've just upgraded from V10 to V11 because I thought I could upload the AVAS colour palette, but now I find that myriacross have gone out of business and the downloads don't work. So is there any other way of accessing the AVAS colour palette. Many thanks

Michele Moulin

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  09:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you did not fully uninstall the older version of PCStitch, you should be able to copy the palette from the old version to the similar location in the new version.

If you're talking about the floss lists, check under ProgramData (normally a hidden folder) and then the PCStitch 10 folder for Flosses. Copy the files to the PCStitch 11 version of the folder.

BTW - this is rather ironic. I worked with the myriaCross designer for some years a while back but I hadn't heard from him in years. I was talking about him and the company with my husband just last night. You're correct -- the company is gone. Not only are downloads no longer available, the site is GONE!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

tabbycat1963

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  10:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I'm a bit of a luddite on this site. I didn't uninstall the previous version but I hadn't downloaded the myriacross palettes anyway so I guess I am now stuffed and will have to make my own.

Michele Moulin
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  12:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michelle,

Not uninstalling the old version is not a problem since each version is installed in its own folder. That allows you to run multiple versions at the same time. I currently have 9 and 10 installed and could, if I wanted to, install 7 and 8 as well. Versions 7 and 8 are so old that it's not worth it. I first started to used PCStitch version 7 back in 2004!

If you don't have it, there's nothing you can do directly. I did google and found that myriaCross floss PCS might be available from softpedia at least in a trial form. How you would get a full version from there, I don't know. Nor, do I know if softpedia is truly safe and reliable. The trial version may not have what you need.

I checked my versions and found a series of flosses with the name "Au_ver_à_soie", but I don't know if that's the brand you are trying to find. If not, it's not there.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

tabbycat1963

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  10:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

Michelle,

Not uninstalling the old version is not a problem since each version is installed in its own folder. That allows you to run multiple versions at the same time. I currently have 9 and 10 installed and could, if I wanted to, install 7 and 8 as well. Versions 7 and 8 are so old that it's not worth it. I first started to used PCStitch version 7 back in 2004!

If you don't have it, there's nothing you can do directly. I did google and found that myriaCross floss PCS might be available from softpedia at least in a trial form. How you would get a full version from there, I don't know. Nor, do I know if softpedia is truly safe and reliable. The trial version may not have what you need.

I checked my versions and found a series of flosses with the name "Au_ver_à_soie", but I don't know if that's the brand you are trying to find. If not, it's not there.

Diane

Michele Moulin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000