3 Questions: Notes/Instructions and Line Styles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gentle Pursuit

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  13:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. I used the note icon and typed notes and instructions that I wanted to show on the charts. When I printed out the charts there was only a symbol where the text should be. How do I get the text to show and print on the chart?

2. I've used different line styles (dot, dash, squiggle etc.) so that I could print the lines in black and white and differentiate the colors but don't see an option for black lines in the styles when I print.

3. How to show the line styles (dots etc.) on the color legend?

You are wonderful! Thanks for your help!

Jaenn B Smith

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  15:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 Answers:

1. When you print, there is an option under the "Grid Options" tab for "Note Icons". If that is checked, an icon will print in the proper location on the grid. Then with the "Information Sheet" tab, there is an option for Notes. There is where the notes are printed so they don't interfere with the actual pattern.

2. Under the "General" tab (towards the bottom left), if you choose "Symbol Color with Line Styles", you will generally get black lines for the backstitch in the line style you have chosen, unless you have chosen the symbol color for that color differently.

3: If all the backstitches of that color are of the same style, then the legend will show that style.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Gentle Pursuit

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  22:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Diane! I'll go check it out!

Jaenn B Smith
Go to Top of Page

Gentle Pursuit

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  22:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aha...so I can see the Note Icons now on the chart but what I want is for the actual text of the note to show instead of the Note icon. I do not want the information on an information sheet but right where the stitcher will see the information on the chart. For example, I want to identify that a group of Sawtooth Satin Stitches showing as dotted lines is AVAS 4153 and the squiqqle lines are AVAS 3724 and I want to print instructions such as: "Use Double Running Stitch in AVAS 3724" on the spot where I place the Note Icon.

Is this possible?

Jaenn B Smith
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  07:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not at this time. You can go to the thread on requests for future features to post about it. I think that trying to post the text on the actual chart without obscuring the rest of the pattern would be very difficult.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Gentle Pursuit

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  16:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll make the suggestion. I could do it on Easy Grapher and some of the most popular samplers of all time do it right now (Hands Across the Sea) and they use PC Stitch Pro 11 but I think they may export the chart into Publisher and add the text to the charts there along with other information for publishing. It is very helpful to have the notes right ono the chart where you are stitching. It does not interfere. Thank you for checking.

Jaenn B Smith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000