PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Files saved in PCStitch11 not opening in PC10

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HCS Posted - 04/18/2018 : 11:52:51
I have both versions installed on my computer because one has a floss file that the other doesn't have. I opened a file in 11 made some changes and saved. Now I can't open it in PC10. Is that normal?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HCS Posted - 04/19/2018 : 10:41:30
Thank you! I tried it a different way and now my Appleton palatte has loaded properly. I can now use PC11 - just need to reconfigure my preferred settings. Thanks!
Dragonlair Posted - 04/18/2018 : 17:29:48
It should be compatible. I copied the myriaCross flosses from 10 to 11 with no problems. The floss format didn't change.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
HCS Posted - 04/18/2018 : 15:27:03
Thanks. I use Appletons tapestry wool. I was able to purchase and download an Appletons floss file years ago for PC10 but it's not compatible with PC11 and the company that I bought the floss file from is no longer around (MyriaCross). So I will have to manually create a floss list (but there are over 300 colours so I keep using PC10 until I have time to do that).
Dragonlair Posted - 04/18/2018 : 15:16:55
That is completely normal.

Each version of PCStitch will accept files created in any previous version. However, each version changes a little bit in the format for new features. For that reason, no older version of the software will accept a pattern made in a newer version.

In your case, its possible that you can find the one floss definition in 11 and copy it to 10 but I can't see why you would do that. Why not just use 11?

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000