PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 10
 Mac Version

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cdarvell Posted - 11/04/2011 : 16:27:22
Is there going to be a Mac version of this new PCStitch? I have now got a Mac and can no longer use my PCStitch Pro. I have to keep a very old laptop going to run my software.

Chris Darvell
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Daisy Posted - 04/21/2012 : 02:42:57
Hi - glad you brought this up, Chris - TOTALLY - in agreement with you.

Our PC and laptop are on their last legs and there is no way we are going to buy more Windows machines. Saving up for Apples for us both.
Conversion software, when I last looked, doesn't always work on all versions of a program - usually the latest. Anyway, I'd not want anything linked to a Windows prog. anywhere near my new Mac when I get it!! As you said - SO many people are switching now - you just have to look at their display screens to realise why!!

Fingers crossed for a Mac version of PCStitch one day!
Dragonlair Posted - 04/18/2012 : 16:33:33
Check myriaCross. It's got a converter that handles many formats and there might be one that is supported under the mac.

Or, you could install something like PrimoPdf and "print" your patterns to PDF formatted files.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
benceagi Posted - 04/18/2012 : 14:00:43
Hi,

my old PC laptop is dying on me. I don't know how long it will keep up. I am sure I will buy a Mac after that and that probably means I will have to buy another stitching program. I will be very sad indeed.
However, I would like to ask, when it happens, is there a way to convert PC Stitch files into another format? Or will I loose everything I have made so far?

Thanks
cdarvell Posted - 11/12/2011 : 03:50:03
Thanks for that, but I don't want any windows stuff running on my Mac, I originally started with boot camp, then went to Parallels, but I can't say I was happy with either. I need my laptop for work as well as pleasure and the pain as I said before with having windows on my Mac IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!
Old laptop will do until Mark decides we need a Mac version

Chris Darvell
heavenlyevil Posted - 11/10/2011 : 19:12:43
You can always install Windows on your Mac using Bootcamp. That way you don't need to keep the old computer around if you'd rather not use it, or have to deal with buggy virtual programs. But you will have to restart your machine to switch between Windows and OS X.

I've got PCStitch 9 running on my Mac laptop in Windows XP since for whatever reason version 9 can't run in Windows 7 for me. Version 10 is working fine in Windows 7 though, so you should be okay whatever route you take.

We're all mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself. - Cheshire Cat
cdarvell Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:26:35
Thanks Mark,
That's all I wanted to know, will just have to stick to keeping my old laptop to run my PCStitch.
BUT I do look forward to a Mac version in the future........I would be the first to buy.
Just an aside............so many of my friends and colleagues are now buying Apple products because of the quality of the hardware/software and the wonderful after sales service. I hope you listen to us users who now only like to use Macs with our home/work/business activities and no longer wish to run Microsoft due to many past issues. We are a growing number, particularly as we can run all our devices iPhones/iPads/Macs in sync with no effort.
However I do love your product and enjoy using it, keep up the good work, looking forward to the new version

Chris Darvell
Mark Posted - 11/05/2011 : 10:01:37
I'm not going to say "never", bt I can tell you that we don't have any plans for it at this time.

Sorry

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies
Dragonlair Posted - 11/05/2011 : 07:45:39
The only one who can answer if PCStitch will ever be ported to the Mac is Mark. you might send him an email asking. His address is posted in the announcement of this version thread.

Diane
cdarvell Posted - 11/05/2011 : 02:35:09
Thanks Craig
I have had the virtual machine etc on my Mac, but have had no end of problems with this, have completely got rid of all Windows stuff from my machine, as it caused my machine to freeze & numerous reboots to get running. Would never recommend Parallels or the like to anyone. The pain isn't worth it. Thanks anyway

Chris Darvell
HippyCraig Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:39:07
You can use a Virtual Machine and run Windows XP, Vista, Or Win7 in that. There you can install and use PCStitch.

There are free versions of Virtaul Box there is a version for Mac's on the download page, its OS X in the listing.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Hope that helps
cdarvell Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:13:45
Are you saying that PCStitch is not/never going to produce a Mac Version of their software? I wasn't asking about a simulated program I am not interested in such, I was wondering if PCStitch themselves were going to produce a bonafide version themselves.

Chris Darvell
Dragonlair Posted - 11/04/2011 : 20:32:22
I believe there are "simulation" program for the Mac. Maybe they will work. I don't know and cannot vouch for anything. The last time I used a Mac was supporting old ones when I was working and that was over 20 years ago!

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000